That’s one way to spread Christmas cheer! Chrissy Teigen sent John Mayer a PhotoshoppedRead more...
1. Protect your skin from the sun
Exposing your skin to the sun very frequently can cause ageing, wrinkles, spots and patches. In the extremes, it can even cause skin cancer.
For complete protection from the sun:
- Apply sunscreen solution. When you are outdoors, reapply sunscreen solution for every two hours. If you are going to the beach, reapply it every hour. Use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15.
- Look for shade. Avoid the sun in the midday hours, when the sun’s rays would be too strong for your skin.
- Wear suitable clothes. If you are expecting to be outdoors, then dress up accordingly for the day. Cover your skin with long sleeves, long pants and wide hats. You can mix and match to spark a style in itself.
2. Quit Smoking
Smoking damages collagen and elation – the fibers that give strength and suppleness to your skin. It constricts the tiny blood vessels in the derma, depriving the skin of required amount to oxygen and nutrients. Smoking makes your skin look old and causes wrinkles.
3. Skin health
Don’t subject your skin to over-cleansing or shaving. Keep these points in mind:
- Don’t take long showers. Too much soaking leads to the loss of essentials oils from your skin, leading to dryness. Use warm water rather than hot water.
- Prefer gentle soap. Soap should be very mild on the skin. Avoid contact with detergent as they are too strong for your skin.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth. Always use a sharp razor and shave in the direction of the hair growth and not against it.
- Keep dry. After shower, blot your skin dry with a towel and leave nothing wet. Let some moisture stay back on your skin.
- Use a moisturizer. Identify your skin type and use a moisturizer that suits you. If it dries up frequently, keep reapplying the moisturizer frequently.
Your skin reflects what you eat. Take in a healthy diet with plenty of fruits, whole grains and proteins. Consume food rich in vitamin E and C, they promote younger looking skin.
5. Don’t Stress yourself
Be conscious of your stress levels all the time, if you are overdoing things than you can do, scale back. Get enough sleep. A healthy state of mind results in a clear skin with negligible wrinkles.